Monday, May 2, 2011

Bringing Mick Home.....

We decided to take a train home instead of flying.  I was not going to check my sons urn with his ashes in it as baggage.  That was out of the question.  And I knew I could not take him on to the plane with me.  So a train was the only option.  I was happy to be going home and taking Mick with me, he needed to be home.  He never should of left.  We paked our things and prepared ourselves for the ride.  The last time we took a train we were all together.  Chris, me Kat, Ray and Mick.  It was so fun.  Here we were again, all togeather but was not fun.  I didnt know how to carry Mick on, I didnt want to just carry him and freak people out but i didnt want to just stick him in a bag either.  My mom gave me a really nice sunflower bag that was just the right size and Kat let me wrap him in her pink blanket.  I still didnt like it but it was a nice set up for him.  Walking into the train station, I felt as if everyone knew my sons urn was in the bag.  People stared and looked at all of us funny.  Maybe its just me but thats how I felt.  I couldnt wait to get to our cabin and relax.  We said our goodbyes to my parents and got on the train.  Katrina was so excited, she was ready for bed and it was only 5pm lol.  She loved the train and having our own cabin.  Sittting on the train gives you alot of time to think and I didnt need to think.  We relaxed and talked and laughed, looked at pictures of Mick and Ray and rememebered.  It was nice. After Kat went to sleep Chris and I had some quiet time alone.  We hadnt been alone in a week and Ray and Brianne were up in the top part of the train.  We hugged and just tried to relax. The next morning we arrived at the station and Andre picked us up.  It was nice to see him again.  We drove home quietly, i couldnt wait to get home and take Mick out of this bag.  I needed to get my son home.  I was so happy to be home and so devastated that my son came home in an urn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment