Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What tattoo would you get or have that would mark the memory of your child forever?

Hello everyone!  My name is Sabrina and I am a grieving mother.  I know that sounds strange to introduce myself like that but you either understand or you don't.   My son Mick was killed on January 1st, 2011.  Exactly 3 months, 12 days ago.  I have no problem knowing the time that has passed because it happened on the first.  The number 1 use to mean so much to me, it meant greatness, superiority, winning, the best!  Now the number 1 means loss, days of grieving, shock and despair.  1/1/11 numbers and dates that I hate to think about.  I dread the first and will most likely forever.  I am not going to talk about how my son was killed but about how he lived.  He was beautiful from the moment he was born.  A wonderful baby, who rarely ever cried or whined.  He grew into a funny, sweet, smart and handsome young man.  One that was liked by all that met him.  Even if they didn't like him at first they did soon after.  He was a wonderful son, brother, grandson and cousin.  He will never be a father, he will never grow old.  He is forever young something none of us should be.  My son loved tattoos, something he inherited from me I suppose, i have 12.  I want to get a tattoo for my son, in his honor.  Some that loved him already have.  Very beautiful tattoos that mean more to me than they will ever know.  The most beautiful though is the one his big brother Ray got, the week Mick was killed.  It is simple and sweet.  It just says "MICK"  doesn't need to say more, doesn't need any flash.  I love it and I know Mick does too.  I want to know more about the tattoos you have for your children.  If you are a grieving parent, sibling,grand parent, cousin, friend.  I want to know about your tattoo and why you chose it.  Send me pictures too, Id love to see them.  I will write ore about My Mick has time goes on.  i miss him and sharing him helps me.  Please pass on my blog to anyone who might want to read it. 


Sabrina

1 comment:

  1. Made me tear up Sabrina.

    I have moved past the grieving point of my life, and now I want to honor my Nanny's (Aunt Dorothy to you) life. She lived through many adversities, from cancer at 24 with three young children to being completely blind by age 45 with five young grandchildren.

    My idea has been to get "walk by faith, not by sight." I like script and word tattoos so I'm still deciding if that's exactly what I want and where I want it.

    I'm still so sorry for your loss, and I can't imagine what you are going through. I think of you and your family often.

    ReplyDelete